Huwebes, Hulyo 14, 2011

CLAY IN THE POTTER'S HAND

Frt. Jose Antonio R. Crema, MSP
July 4, 2011
LOCAL TRAINING PROGRAM
Prelature of St. Mary, Islamic City of Marawi


Our three days retreat at the Teresian Carmelite Retreat House in Camaman-an, Cagayan de Oro City is very helpful to me. The program of our retreat is self-directed that is why I felt more comfortable to be with myself, to reflect on “Where am I in my journey to become an MSP priest?” This question puts me into solitude with God throughout our retreat.

First and foremost, I’m happy serving the Church here in the Prelature of Marawi. It will always be a great honor for me to serve God and his people; even for some situations that I was hurt, when my heart is in trouble and sorrow because I chose to prioritize my duties for the Church rather than my personal wants and needs. I never feel regret of serving God first even when there is failure of my plans for the activities in the parish. In spite of my weaknesses and shortcomings, in all my doubts and perplexities in my life and in every downfall; I’m still very thankful because I believe that by serving God through serving His Church, I always receive the grace of wonder, a deep sense of my own fragileness and dependency on God’s love. I’m completely entrusting myself in the hands of God just like a clay in the potter’s hand, and mold me in His own way that He wanted me to be. This gave me the capacity to move-on and continue the journey in my vocation.

"As the clay is in the potter's hand, so you are in My hand."

JEREMIAH 18:6

In our retreat, I had also reflected about the importance of living in the community. In spite of our differences, learning to appreciate the uniqueness of each of us brings harmony in our relationship as brothers in the community. And for this we become more aware and sensitive to the needs of each other because we are always open and willing to listen to each other’s success and downfalls. Part of my dependency on God’s love is my willingness to humbly submit myself in the process of seminary formation where community life is very important because I believe that the grace of God works in us through each member in the community.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento